The right gardening tools make gardening so much easier. There are certain gardening tools you can use for any gardening activity and are sure worth the money. If you have a fine basis of gardening tools, you can do anything in your garden. But finding the best basics is a job apart, there are so much varieties of tools. Let us help you find the right choices.
- Choose the tools which ones are manageable, don’t pick the tools that are too big to handle. If they are too heavy, you risk hurting or might end up injuring yourself.
- Stainless steel and coated steel are the most common materials. Stainless steel doesn’t rust, but is pretty pricy. Coated steel is cheaper, but has less quality than stainless steel. Rather choose for quality, because you don’t want to buy tools every year.
- Buy tools with colorful tools, this way you can easily find them back.
- Purchase a container only for your garden tools. Store this container on a place where you can find it easily back.
- Use a garden bag for your tools, this way your tools are protected and the lesser the chance of damage. Plus you can bring this bag everywhere you go and transport it to every spot in your garden.
Tools every gardener should own
- A spade to loosen the ground or dig, you can choose for a long or short spade. There also exists spades with measurements on the blade so you know how deep you dig the hole.
- With a bulbplanter you can dig exact holes for the bulbs, it will give you similar depths. They come in short and long handles.
- Gloves are a wise garden item to wear for protecting your hands and also prevent them from getting dirty.
- After planting the bulbs water them thorougly, for this it is best to use a hose. Or when you only want to water a particular spot use a watering can.
- A rake is optional to buy, you use this tool to spread out the mulch or compost.